Pocha Samuel Kamudumuli, University of Maryland Globe Initiative Cooperation (UMGIC) and Technical Lead: HIV Viral load and Early Infant Diagnosis. Email: On request PhD Candidate, Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS) (Neglected fungal infections, advanced HIV and TB disease)
How you have helped GAFFI so far? Through provision of National data, sharing critical areas requiring consideration and selling GAFFI objectives to Healthy policy makers.
Personal comment on the major needs in Malawi which GAFFI should be addressing: Considering the gaps available in the country, it is highly recommended that GAFFI
1) advocates for the neglected fungal infections to form a component of the advanced disease care in HIV.
2) helps to expand knowledge of physicians, nurses, and laboratorians on clinical and diagnostic aspects,
3) assists in sourcing drugs for neglected fungal infections as most are currently not available in the country.
4) contributes to empowering laboratories with diagnostic tools and set up at least one center of excellence for fungal
disease in each region in the country
5) expand knowledge to the health teaching institutions by providing technical support for curriculum review.